What To Look For While Buying Jewellery
Buying fine jewellery isn’t something you do everyday. It is an expensive affair and cannot be treated as a regular purchase. You spend time figuring out what you like and once you know what you want, browsing through catalogues to find what’s perfect for you is a lengthy process. If you are putting so much effort in selecting your jewellery design, make sure you get it in the best quality and option! That’s exactly why we have curated a guide for jewellery enthusiasts like you, so that you know what to look for while buying jewellery!
4 Cs of a diamond
Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat; also known as the 4 Cs of a diamond are the ultimate factors that define the perfect diamond. These four Cs ensure that you’re paying the right price for the jewellery you buy:
- The first of these Cs is Colour. The lighter the colour of the diamond, the higher its grade. Diamond colours range from colourless to light yellow or brown.
- The next most important aspect is Clarity. Diamonds are examined at 10 times magnification in order to check for any blemishes or impurities. The more flawless the stone, the higher its grade. A diamond’s clarity ranges from inclusions (I2) and slight inclusions (SI) to internally flawless (IF).
- A diamond’s Cut directly affects the light it refracts. Cut refers to the diamond’s proportions like girdle thickness, crown angle, and table size. The more superior the quality of the cut, the higher the grade of the diamond.
- Diamond Carat is essentially the size of the stone. Any diamond weighing 0.5 cents and above is a solitaire. The weight of the diamond has a huge impact on its prestige.
Watch our video to learn more about the 4 Cs of a diamond
- When you wish to have jewellery that’s tailor-made for you, Candere has you perfectly sorted. You can very easily customise the jewellery you desire from scratch on the Candere website with just a few clicks.
- Transform the overall aesthetic of your selection with the metal colour of your choice. You can choose from gold colours like yellow, rose and white. Customization is also budget oriented as you can pick from a range of diamond qualities.
- If you choose to get a ring, we also offer free engraving options with up to six characters alongside heart as well as infinity symbols.
- You can pick a ring between sizes 7 to 12 and can easily determine your size with the help of our ring sizer.
Hallmarks are official marks on your jewellery to certify that the jewellery you bought is genuine. There are essentially 4 markers that you need to check.
1. Bureau of Indian Standards
The BIS Hallmark is a hallmarking system for certifying the metal purity of fine jewellery in India. Check for the BIS mark to make sure your piece of jewellery conforms to a set of standards laid by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
2. Purity of gold
916 gold is a way of denoting that your jewellery is 22 carat gold which means that there are 91.6 grams of pure gold in 100 gram alloy. Similarly, 750 gold denotes 18 carats and 625 denotes 15 carats.
3. Assay Centre
Another proof of purity, an assay is used to analyse and verify the composition of precious metals, effectively certifying that the metal is as pure as claimed. It is like having your jewellery double checked for you!
4. Jeweller’s identification mark
When you see the Candere logo, rest assured that you’re in the right hands!
With all these points in mind, you’re sure to buy jewellery that’s genuine.
Reader, writer, self proclaimed geek. You will most probably find me engrossed in absorbing good content or busy creating it.
LoginTo enjoy a seamless experience while shopping
Do not have an account? Sign up
Password VerificationYou can also login with your password
OTP VerificationA 6 digit OTP has been sent to